Orbidex Eye Drops
Orbidex ophthalmic solution is indicated for the treatment of
- Allergic non-infectious blepharitis and conjunctivitis
- Non-infectious keratitis, punctate keratitis, disciform keratitis (provided the corneal surface is intact)
- Inflammation of the anterior uvea (iritis, iridocyclitis )
- Scleritis, episcleritis and myositis
- Post-operative management of cataract, strabismus & other ocular surgeries
Dosage & Administration
Instill 1 drop into the conjunctival sac 3-5 times per day. Acute cases: up to 1 drop every hour if necessary.
Corticosteroids may mask, activate or aggravate an infection of the eye. If no improvement is seen after a few days application, other form of treatment should be used. Do not touch dropper tip to any surface as this
may contaminated the solution.
Use in Pregnancy & Lactation
Animal experiments with dexamethasone have shown adverse effect on the fetus. However, no control human studies are available. Dexamethasone ophthalmic preparation should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus.