Orbidex Eye Ointment
Orbidex ophthalmic ointment is indicated for the treatment of
- Allergic non-infectious blepharitis and conjunctivitis
- Non-infectious keratitis, punctate keratitis, disciform keratitis (provided the corneal surface is intact)
- Inflammation of the anterior uvea (iritis, iridocyclitis )
- Scleritis, episcleritis and myositis
- Post-operative management of cataract, strabismus & other ocular surgeries
Dosage & Administration
Orbidex ointment: Apply a small amount into the conjunctival sac 3-4 times per day. Slowly close your eyes without blinking. Keep your eyes closed for 1 to 2 minutes. Minimize the dose when desired improvement is observed.
Corticosteroids may mask, activate or aggravate an infection of the eye. If no improvement is seen after a few days application, other form of treatment should be used. Do not touch dropper or tube tip to any surface as this may contaminated the solution & ointment.
Use in Pregnancy & Lactation
Animal experiments with dexamethasone have shown adverse effect on the fetus. However, no control human studies are available. Dexamethasone ophthalmic preparation should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus.