Calcoral-DX is indicated in
- The treatment and prevention of osteoporosis, rickets, osteomalacia, tetany and parathyroid diseases.
- Pregnancy & lactation due to increased demand.
- As phosphate binder in chronic renal failure.
- During therapy with anti-seizure medications.
- The prevention & treatment of calcium or vitamin D3 deficiency specially in the housebound and institutional elderly patients.
Dosage & Administration
2 tablets per day, preferably one tablet in the morning and the other in the evening with plenty of water or as directed by the physicians.
Careful monitoring with reduction of dose may be needed for patients with mild hypercalciuria. In case of mild to moderate renal impairments and for long term use plasma calcium level should be monitored. Urinary calcium excretion should also be measured in patients with a history of renal stone to exclude hypercalciuria.
Normal requirements of calcium & vitamin D3 are raised during pregnancy & lactation. Calcoral-DX can be given to pregnant women and lactating mother as per the recommendation of physician.